Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Guards! Guards! Terry Pratchett

First, an apology and an explanation. I got married a week and a half ago, so these last few months have been mega busy, and reading has slipped by the wayside. However, I did get a bit of reading done on the honeymoon, which was a nice relaxing one in the countryside, so I'm on a bit of a mission now to get back up to speed.

Now on to my review for the eighth book in the Discworld series. I've been reading these books in order and ever since the second book I've been giving them 3/5, as nothing so far is standing out to me as much as The Light Fantastic did. The books are good, I am enjoying them, and I am going to continue to read them. However, each book is becoming a struggle, not to read, but to keep motivated to read. They're all still a bit samey to me, a few giggles here and there, but lots of repetition and average stories. I still would recommend them though, especially for children and young readers, and I am slowly building up the collection for myself and my future children.

3/5

NB: Entered into the Hogwarts Reading Challenge 2012 under Transfiguration, as the book deals with a certain character using magic to bring to life and actually become a dragon, in order to have power over Ankh-Morpork.

No comments:

Post a Comment