4/5
Ten lucky winners of an online competition are given the chance to live like a billionaire in a luxurious estate in the middle of nowhere, for a whole week. Sounds like heaven. But it's not long until they find out that it is in fact, Hell. Once they are there, they are told by the professional British butler, Giles, who is just as much a prisoner as they, that they must find evidence and solve various murders - their own. One by one, the host - who is also masquerading as one of the guests - kills the least successful guest, and their death becomes the next crime scene. Each guest must discover exactly how each murder was orchestrated by working together to solve the clues. But it is also a battle of wits and cunning, as in reality they are competing against each other, with their lives as the prize.
This was a good page turner. Not only are you wanting to find out how each murder was done, and who will discover the truth first, you are also collecting evidence to find out which one of the guests is the killer. I think I suspected every guest at one point or another! I even suspected guests after they were long dead!
However I was disappointed by the end of the book. The climax is great, and the last mystery doesn't disappoint. But the uncovering of the killer, and the last few pages, were slightly weak and felt rushed, which is why I couldn't give it 5/5. However, I still really enjoyed the book, and can't judge it all on what is essentially a couple of weak chapters.
If you fancy a book that keeps you guessing, then this book is for you. Just don't expect a Sherlock Holmes, or even a Poirot, ending.

No comments:
Post a Comment