Monday, 3 June 2013

I'm back!

Well, after just over 3 months of not reading, I finally picked up a book on the 1st of June, and read. And it was bloody good as well (but more about the book later). There have been a few reasons why I stopped reading. Getting snowed under with college work, actual work and my little hobby to name but a few.

But mainly because of the Kindle. I was really getting into reading on the Kindle, and using NetGalley to read unpublished/new books. I downloaded Ex-Heroes by Peter Clines as I had just read two of his other books, 14 and The Junkie Quatrain. But because it wasn't a finished product of the book (it's been re-released or something), the format on the Kindle was a little messy, and I found it really difficult to get into. And then I just stopped reading.

Then the other day I thought enough was enough. I hadn't been missing reading, but I was starting to. So I went on Amazon and bought Ex-Heroes. And then it came, and it was a dead sexy paperback. I set myself a goal of 100 pages a day, and I had it read in 3 days. I'm now waiting on the next book in the series, Ex-Patriots.

I'm back, and I have a hell of a lot of catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment