Saturday, 23 February 2013

The Junkie Quatrain, Peter Clines

5/5
 
This book is a series of 4 short stories about a recent zombie apocalypse which began 6 months ago. In the introduction, Clines tells the reader how these stories came about, and the order in which you should read them - in that there is no order. He encourages the reader to choose their own order and make his world their own.
 
Now this doesn't really fit well with my slightly OCD nature. But I did what he said and consulted my Magic 8 Ball, twice. I then asked my other half to choose a number between 1-4, and went from there. And I'm glad that I did, it made the book just that little bit more personal, and I related to certain characters which I may not have done if I had read it any other way.
 
This is only my second book by Clines, and I am already a firm follower and have downloaded two of his 'Ex-' books onto my Kindle. I will also be buying paperback copies for my bookshelf. Peter Clines, you now have a new lifetime fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment