Sunday, 1 January 2012

**Happy New Year**

I ended 2011 reading the 3rd book in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, Equal Rites. It was good, but nowhere near as good as The Light Fantastic. I thought the end felt a bit rushed, but then again I did finish it at about half 4 in the morning after a few NYE bevvies!

So now we are firmly in 2012, and with it brings all new reading challenges! I will yet again try to read 50 books in a year (my previous attempts have been abysmal - 39, 33, and only 29 last year!!), so my realistic goal is 30-34. I'm also going to finish off my A-Z of author's first names, and contemplate starting an A-Z of Book Titles (not sure about starting another A-Z just yet).

I'm getting married this year, so I'm going to do a Wedding Challenge, which uses the old poem "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue". I'm going to do it in order, which is a shame, because the editon of 'The Woman in White' that I'm starting soon is bright blue.

I'm also going to keep a count of how many pages I read in the year, which I'm really excited and intrigued about (wow, I *am* sad!). And finally I'm taking part in Bunnita's Hogwarts Challenge and her mini challenges that go along with it. I'm not 100% sure on how it works yet, but I'm sure I'll pick it up quickly!

And that's about it I think for 2012! Oh and I'll also be making things as well, but apart from a couple of new projects I have in mind, I'll pretty much be working on big projects I started in 2011.

Nay x

No comments:

Post a Comment