I've wanted to read this book for years but just hadn't got round to it. It didn't disappoint, it was a really good book and it has some really good "can't put the book down got to know what happens next" parts in it. However for me, the ending lagged a bit, I felt that it explained everything too much and could have easily been about 100 pages shorter.
I recommend it to the mystery fan, but if you're looking for a ghost story you may be disappointed because its not really.
I gave it 4/5 because I really enjoyed the book - the story is intriguing, the structure of the story is different and refreshing, the solution is satisfactory. It was just the ending that let it down for me.
NB: Entered into the Hogwarts Reading Challenge 2012 under Defence Against the Dark Arts, as the book is hailed as one of the first mystery novels, and it does deal with a murder mystery, although it does happen towards the end of the book.
No comments:
Post a Comment