Best Book of 2012 – The Hunger Games and Catching Fire were the only books this year to get full marks out of 5 from me, so it would have to be one of those. I'd say The Hunger Games, seeing as it's the first book of a fantastic series.

Worst Book of 2012 – I gave 3 books 2/5 – White Teeth by Zadie Smith, The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling, and Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James (Fifty Shades Darker just escapes with a 2.5/5). However, this one is easy for me; worst book of 2012 of course goes to Fifty Shades of Grey. It brought about so much anger from me, I can’t give this honour to any other book.

Most Disappointing Book of 2012 – The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K Rowling. I was expecting great things seeing as I love Harry Potter, but it was just a collection of wizard stories, and didn’t live up to my expectations. Looking back, a 2/5 seems harsh, but after seeing why I gave it this mark, it makes it a deserving winner of this category.

Most
Surprising Book of 2012
– I’d like to say Life of Pi by Yann Martel, but it really has to be A Place
Called Here by Cecelia Ahern. I thought that it wasn’t my kind of book, thought
it was all wishy washy and romantical. I only read it as I had to borrow a book
for my Wedding Challenge, and it was the book my friend recommended to me,
thinking it was my kind of thing. I took it, silently disagreeing with her. How
wrong was I! I really enjoyed it, gave it a 5/5, and put Ahern on my ‘Authors
to read more of’ list.
Best Series Discovered in 2012 – Fifty Shades. Haha, yeah right. It HAS
to be The Hunger Games series. They are actually the only two series I
discovered in 2012. I read through some of the Discworld books, but I
discovered that at the end of 2011, so aren’t in the running. Even if they were
though, the Hunger Games would still win, hands down.


Series That Went Off the Rails For You in 2012 – The Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. I started it in 2011, continued through 2012, making sure every other book I read was a Discworld book. But after a while I realised I was giving them all average scores, and not really having much fun with them. As a one off, I think I’ll enjoy them more, so I’ve decided to continue with them in 2013, but just dip in and out of the series as and when I fancy.
Favourite
New Author You Discovered in 2012
- This is a tough one between Cecelia
Ahern and Suzanne Collins. I can’t choose until I read more of their books, so
for now they can both share this category.
Most Hilarious Read of 2012 – This is a tough one because I don’t think
any of my reads were particularly hilarious. So I’ll just say The Hitchhiker’s
Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.
Book
That Made You Cry the Hardest in 2012
– I’m a right wimp and cry at anything, so that makes this one tough. A Place
Called Here had me sobbing like a baby though, so another one goes to Ahern.
Most Thrilling, Unputdownable Book in 2012 – The Hunger Games or
Catching Fire, I read both of these pretty much in a day.
Book You Most Anticipated in 2012 – The Fifty Shades series. I knew I’d have to read it at some point, just to have an opinion about it. It didn’t disappoint. I now have an opinion about it.
Book You Most Anticipated in 2012 – The Fifty Shades series. I knew I’d have to read it at some point, just to have an opinion about it. It didn’t disappoint. I now have an opinion about it.
Favorite Cover of a Book You Read in 2012 - I don’t really take much
notice about covers to be honest. I loved how The Tales of Beedle the Bard and
Puppet Master were made – beautiful perfect little books I didn’t want to touch
in case I marked them. The Discworld book covers are also great as every time
you look at them you see something different.
Most Memorable Character in 2012 – It’s so hard to decide when I’ve just
finished a book with so many memorable characters in it. It’s between Katniss
from The Hunger Games and Ana Steele from Fifty Shades. It depends what you
mean by memorable and the reasons for why they were memorable really!
Most Beautifully Written Book in 2012 – Life of Pi by Yann Martel.
Although I remember struggling to understand the end, I remember wishing I had
studied it at high school. And when I think that about a book, I know it
impressed me on so many levels.
Book That Had the Greatest Impact on You in 2012 – Fifty Shades, without a doubt. The level of hate I had for it was ridiculous.
Book You Can’t Believe You Waited until 2012 to Read - The Hunger Games. Why did I wait, I don’t know. At least I could read all three in one go though, I can’t imagine having to wait in between books.
Book of 2012 You Wish You Had Written – Fifty Shades, because I know I could have done miles better and I would be raking it in now.



No comments:
Post a Comment