My goodness. 24 books. Not even half of my ultimate goal. I just keep doing worse and worse every year! I had a few reading lags this year, which I can put down to getting married, starting a new job, finishing my level 2 college course and starting my level 3 course. But when it comes down to it, I just let time slip away, until before I know it I've not read a boook in months! But, at least I am reading, which is still better than 4 years ago when I started this.
So 2013 then. My first goal is now set to 25, and I shall up it to 30 and so on if I ever get that far. I went on a book buying spree recently, and have a few books I should be able to get through easy enough. Saying that though, starting tomorrow I have a lot of college work to do, plus a job application, so I won't be off to the best of starts! But if I can just read a few chapters a night before bed, it'll be better than nothing at all.
Blogging wise, I shall go on as before. I shall however be stopping the Hogwarts challenge as I didn't really get much out of it. I will also stop the Mammoth Books Challenge - it's too difficult to work out as different editions have different numbers of pages. I will continue the 50 books a year (I'll get there, one day!), and the page tally challenge, as I now have a marker to compare (8,339 pages, if you're interested). **
I do want to do something new though, to try and keep my lags to a minimum. I've found Should Be Reading by MizB, who does daily memes, which look like fun. So I will be including these in my blog, although I very much doubt it will be every week, we'll see how it goes.
Here's to 2013! Happy New Year everyone.
N x
**EDIT** I've found an interesting challenge to do over on Doing it the Open Way. You can find my progress here or over in the Reading Challenges tab.
No comments:
Post a Comment