Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Nay's reads of 2012

I only read 24 books in 2012, so not much of a selection to choose from. From looking at the scores I gave to those books, it doesn't look like I made fantastic choices. Many were Discworld books, which kept pulling in 3/5's.

My top10 books of 2012 were:

The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins - 5/5
Catching Fire, Suzanne Collins - 5/5
A Place Called Here, Celia Ahern - 5/5
The Woman in White, Wilkie Collins - 4/5
Life of Pi, Yann Martel - 4/5
The House of Silk, Anthony Horowitz - 4/5
The Lovely Bones, Alice Sebold - 4/5
Moving Pictures, Terry Pratchett - 4/5
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams - 4/5
Puppet Master, Joanne Owen - 4/5

I would readily recommend any of these books. The most surprising for me was Celia Ahern, it was my first book of hers and only read it as I needed to borrow a book as part of my Wedding Challenge. But I really enjoyed it and want to read more of her books (I have looked, but only found her new book so far, which was in hardback, and I avoid buying hardbacks if I can help it).

No comments:

Post a Comment