Hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along, just
answer the following three questions…
What are you currently reading?
What are you currently reading?
The Mysterious Affair at Styles, by Agatha Christie - Although Sherlock Holmes is my favourite detective, I also love Poirot, although I have not read all of his stories as I have Holmes'. So I've decided I'm going to read them all, starting at the beginning. This is the first Poirot book. Apparently it's not as smooth than her later Poirot novels, but so far I am really enjoying it. My memory is shocking, and I'm pretty sure I've read this book when I was younger, and also seen it on TV. However, I can read or watch a mystery story over and over without ever remembering the outcome. I remember bits of it, what's important and so on. But not why and how. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing though...?

What did you recently finish reading?
Smut, by Alan Bennett - I didn't really enjoy this book. I liked the themes and ideas within the stories, but not the writing so much. You can read my full review here.
What do you think you’ll read next?
Ah, Sweet Mystery of Life, by Roald Dahl - I bought a few of these recently as I've always wanted to read some of Roald Dahl's stories for adults, ever since I read Lamb to the Slaughter in school 14 years ago!
I just finished reading The Mysterious Affair at Styles--after blazing through all the Sherlock Holmes stories, I thought I'd try some other famous detectives. Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple are on my list right now.
ReplyDeleteI *love* Sherlock Holmes - if you enjoyed them I really recommend the Granada series with Jeremy Brett as Holmes. It's fantastic. As is the Poirot series with David Suchet. I've never really been into Marple, but I might give her a go after reading Poirot.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting!
Nay x