Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where a new topic is given each week by the host blog and participants write up a corresponding list of ten things. Simple, fun, and great for those obsessed with lists. This week's topic is: Top Ten Book Related Goals For 2013!
 
 
1. Make a bigger effort to read more books and have less reading lags, in order to improve upon previous year's reading totals. I have examined these lulls and can see when they occur, so I can be ready this time. And read more pages than last year.
 
2. Blog more.
 
3. Write better reviews by including a write up of what the book is all about, and what I thought in more depth.
 
4. Look into NetGalley and review new books.
 
5. Expand my horizons when it comes to book genres. I was surprised last year by a book I thought I'd dislike, I'd like to be surprised more often.
 
6. Read more books about real crime and criminolgy. It fascinates me, and there is a wealth of literature out there about crime.
 
7. Read Twilight to find out what all the fuss is about. I've done this with 50 Shades and The Hunger Games recently, so Twilight needs to be done to complete the set.
 
8. Watch the film after I've read the book, and compare the two. I tried to start this last year with The Lovely Bones, but then just kind of stopped. I'd like to start doing it again properly.
 
9. Be more social within the book blogging community. I've dipped my toe in and everyone seems lovely, so I'd like to read more blogs and comment on their posts.
 
10. Take a book with me everywhere I go, just in case.
 
 
 
Well, that was easier than I thought, I enjoyed that. My goals are all written down now, so I have no excuse do I! 

2 comments:

  1. Great goals! Number 10 is my favorite. I always have a book with me. You never know when you'll get stuck waiting. Good luck in 2013! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1lM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. Thanks for popping by and commenting. Just had a look at your goals - it's a great list. Good luck with it! x

    ReplyDelete