Friday, 4 January 2013

The Crime Wave at Blandings, P.G. Wodehouse

5/5

Only a short story, but I loved it. Very funny storyline and endearing and loveable characters, just like the Jeeves & Wooster stories, which are the only other Wodehouse books I've read. Love it. I need more Wodehouse in my life.

The story unfolds at Blandings castle, where Wodehouse has set many a scene featuring the bumbling Lord Emsworth. There has been a wave of crime at the castle, starting with the keen shot of one Lord's grandson, George. The story unfolds into a very amusing tale which had me laughing out loud in a way only Wodehouse can.

EDIT: I've *just* found out on Twitter that the BBC have done a Blandings series, due out this month, with Timothy Spall as Emsworth! I'm off out to get some more Blandings books to prepare :)

No comments:

Post a Comment