After visiting Irish over at Ticket to Anywhere I've decided to look into more detail at my past reading habits, in an attempt to urge me on to my reading goals in 2013. I've not done as much research as Irish, who goes into stunning detail about her reading over the previous year, because frankly my reading totals are shocking. Well, you'll see.
First off, I made a bar chart showing the number of books I've read each year since 2009
This is the first time I've seperated 2009 and 2010, as I started in the April of 09, so my first year leeched into 2010, then I backtracked and started again from Jan 2010 for my second year, so some books were repeated (if that makes sense?), until now. I always thought I've been reading less and less each year, which I have, but clearly I improved my reading in 2010, so hurrah!
Now for the next graph, where I've split each year further into months
Make of that what you will. 10 books in a month is my best, back in 2011. My aim *right now* is to read 25 books in 2013, so really all I need to do is read about 2 books a month, plus one. But as you can see from this graph, it's not really how many books I read per month which is my problem, it's these blasted reading lags. I do well up until May, and then it all just falls apart, until December where it's all panic stations before the year is out. Look at November! Since 2009, my first year, I've not read anything in Nov. Shameful. I'm going to come back to this graph a lot to spur me on. I'm going to have to.
Right, last graph, I promise. This year I started counting the pages I read in each book and added them up. As it was my first year doing this, I've not done a total graph because it's a bit sparse (my total was 8,339 pages by the way), but I will do it next year to compare.
That's all I've got. I'll do this again this time next year and see how I've done :/



No comments:
Post a Comment